Monday, June 4, 2007

Me and Alex

I believe that ALEX is a great resource and one day plan on using as part of my teaching. I love the Lesson Plans tab. I think it is wonderful being able to click and check out someone else's ideas and be able to use them. It's not always easy to come up with a lesson plan for every moment of the day and sometimes you may have something you need to cover but just don't know how to make it work. This website helps with that. I'm sure we will be mandated to have course of study printed out but I believe it is much easier to go to this website click on your subject and grade and scroll or search for what you need. Also you can direct parents to this page for any questions they may have.
Sometimes you run into a brick wall and can not think of any ideas, but that's a problem when you have a test the next day. I found under the web links tab a web site where you could go and get math problems in abundance. There are many other websites I would love to use. If I were to teach at a school that had limited classes and resources I would definitely use Distance Learning. Here students who are not offered AP classes or certain other classes may take advantage of these through this website. Which provides a wonderful opportunity.

3 comments:

Jennifer Schwartz said...

When I was in high school, it would have been nice to be able to take classes that were DL. I think it is a wonderful idea! Alabama is providing an excellant resource for those out in the country who are not as close to traditional schools . It also opens the gateway for those who cannot do the traditional way of learning such as homeschoolers.

John Hadley Strange said...

Excellent! And Jennifer is hard at work comment too!

hinds.marcee said...

I completely agree with your comments about lesson plans. Sometimes it hard to come up with a completely new idea for every lesson. Be able to review others lesson plans will give you great ideas about interested lessons you can put together for your students.