Tuesday, June 26, 2007

iPod's allowed in class? cool!

Many children have iPod's these days, and most of them have them taking away at school. I yet to have one so I don't have to worry about this, but soon I may be out of place in the classroom. Many teachers are using iPod's in their classroom instruction, tying video and audio together. I went straight to the Apple website to see what they had to say about this new thing. iPod has a program called iLife and with this program teachers are able to create and distribute audio, video, speeches, photos, etc to their students for use outside of the classroom. You can also give quizzes through an iPod now! That's probably the most favorite thing for students however.
Many universities use iPod's in the classroom. One of which is a school known for their quality of education and being on the cutting edge. This school is Duke University into the classroom in 2004 by giving all entering freshmen and teachers . They brought iPod'siPod's to use and experiment with in the classroom. After a year it was decided that iPod's would only be used for specific classes in which the teacher had something designed for. It has helped students in Spanish classes, listening to the accents; music classes, being able to listen to and analyze Bach; and see engineering designs laid out step my step. This link provides links to many website's associated with iPod learning.

2 comments:

Jennifer Schwartz said...

I was viewing that site as well. I like the idea of the ilife. I wonder what the cost will be for the general population. Will it be affordable?

JulieAnna Gilbert said...

Ipods are going to take over. I think this is part of our future generation.