Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Blog

My blog has been useful this semester for myself. It has been a great way to think and reflect on different areas of teaching and technology, while Dr. Strange was able to check in on us. I think blogs are very useful in education. Though I do wish there was a way you could set them to private and give user names and passwords to parents. With privacy being a rare commodity these things I think it is a must when it comes to protecting our children. Other than that I think it is a wonderful tool to keep parents updated with classroom happenings, to post pictures, and to allow the children to express themselves. I would like to use blogs as a forum for parents. I think it is an easy way to get feedback from parents. You can ask their opinions on field trips, activities, etc.

1 comment:

John Hadley Strange said...

There is. You can set up a "user list" and restrict access and contributions. If you would like yo learn more, go to the Blogger Help or call me. I have used this feature in a limited way, but would certainly learn more exploring the issue with me. I'll be back the 31st of July. Call!